Friday, April 10, 2009

WHEN MY HEART SAID,"I DO"!!!

“THE TIME HAS COME”, uttered my mind suddenly yesterday as I was busy cramming the facts of Plato and Aristotle for my upcoming final examination. This impulsive statement alarmed my heart and it woke up with a start. “Yeah, the time has come…but for what?” asked my heart in a semi-interested and laid-back tone with a tinge of casualness. It sounded a little sarcastic but to be frank, my heart’s flippant attitude cannot be blamed. After all, my mind is infamous for issuing epiphany-oriented statements on a lot of occasions earlier. “The time to indulge in some serious thinking”, elucidated my mind with sheer seriousness.

My heart uncovered the veil of ignorance from its face by widening its eyes to the maximum limit. Affairs of the heart (with its own niceties) are slightly different as compared to the matters of the mind. My heart appeared a little aware about the time-related conversation initiated by my brainy mind. “I see…but wait a second… thinking about what exactly?” questioned my heart sitting upright in a Thinking Man pose (Read: My heart is frivolous and crazy with a funny bone… Yes! My heart possesses a bone… I know it’s a tricky fact for the biologists to digest) Choosing his words carefully my mind answered, “Thinking about LIFE… the most underestimated and underrated statement ever uttered by mankind”.

The answer did not convince my heart and it was brimming with queries. Its thirst for knowledge is unbearable and sometimes even I start wondering- Is it really my heart or has God transplanted some other Homo Sapiens’s heart in me by mistake? “And why this sudden inclination to think about Life?” asked my curious heart. My mind could sense that this question was on its way and the moment it was delivered my mind simply blurted out, “Because I am frustrated… frustrated with a capital F. It is high time I let some steam off my chest. I want to vent out all the pent-up frustration. They are pouncing to dash out any moment now. I really can’t take it anymore. I feel like tearing my hair apart or smashing someone’s brain out. There seems to be no way out… no way out for relief… no way out for any sort of happiness… and where dark, gloomy days reign in full blow. Even crying does not lighten my burden of woes. I hate this. Haven’t you ever faced such things? Don’t you ever feel like running away from this wretched life??? ”.

My heart was speechless. Silence prevailed. No one said anything. (Read: No one implies my heart and it dared not crack any silly joke at this point as it’s always used to). My heart did not anticipate such an impulsive eruption of emotions. Even I was taken aback by this sudden outburst of my own mind. Whoa! That was heavy! Tired, worn-out and busted to the core… Everything had fallen apart and torn to pieces… The last straw of hope seems to have been dashed to the ground… the ray of the light through the rear crooked view did not materialize as expected… My mind was facing a sudden blackout and my heart went out for it.

Finally my heart gathered all the courage in the world. Shaking its head silently, it muttered slowly, “Yes, I DO… I do understand there are times in life when you feel totally down and dejected… When you feel like the biggest LOSER on the entire planet … When you just wish to shut yourself up from the outside world… Disappointment looms large… But that does not mean you give up living. You might be totally down but not out. Frustration is not the end of the world. You have to understand that human life is full of miseries and obstacles. We ought to take these hurdles in our stride, accept the challenge and work towards securing a brighter future. Where there is a WILL there is certainly a WAY out. So keep that WILL of yours flying high in the sky. Don’t let it collapse so easily. Don’t give up”.

My heart won over my mind. I shut my book, switched off the lights and closed my eyes. I couldn’t wait for the next day’s morning sun to shine brightly on me. After all I had to find the WAY out to fulfill my WILL. I will never GIVE UP on my life so easily.

HAIL THE HEART!!!

7 comments:

  1. What amazing spirit! You seem the exact opposite of me.
    Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. superb post I loved the articulation of speech and the play with words.

    http://cutestangel.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. Written very nicely.
    And I'm a student of Political Science too, and my exams are coming up and I'm feeling jittery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this post... mind If I link it up to my blog ?!!?

    Seriously... Heart and Mind... SWEET !! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ J... sure... and thanks.. :D

    ReplyDelete

Say Something to me!!!